Cosmetic Dentists in O’Fallon, IL
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry describes positive changes to the appearance of teeth and the overall smile through a variety of dental treatments. More than teeth whitening and veneers, cosmetic dentistry helps improve your self-esteem and confidence along with your teeth.
The experienced cosmetic dentists at Lake Pointe Dental Group in O’Fallon, IL offer state of the art dental care for patients of all ages. With friendly staff and convenient hours, you can depend on our dental office to serve your family no matter your needs.
What Does a Cosmetic Dentist Do?
An experienced cosmetic dentist skillfully guides you towards the procedures and treatments right for your situation. Although cosmetic dentistry has changed drastically over time, the aim is the same: to provide aesthetic treatments and procedures that improve how teeth appear. From tooth restoration and replacement through use of dental implants to teeth whitening, there is a treatment for almost any need.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Below are just some of the services that qualify under cosmetic dentistry.
- Teeth Whitening – Sometimes referred to as tooth bleaching, teeth whitening whitens discolored or stained teeth through using gels and lasers. Although teeth whitening can occur at home, working with an experienced cosmetic dentist adept at teeth whitening can often help you achieve the results you want under the professional care. Regardless if you decide to whiten your teeth at home or in a dentist’s office, you should always consult with your dentist to determine if you’re a good candidate for teeth whitening in O’Fallon, IL.
- Dental Implants – Used both to replace lost teeth and put in a tooth where none existed before, dental implants can be an effective way to restore your smile. However, not everyone is an ideal candidate for dental implants. It is important to discuss implants with your dentist and ask any questions you might have to see if they are right for you.
- Shaping – Used to fill or remove some of the tooth’s enamel, shaping the teeth to make them look more natural is one cosmetic dentistry procedure many people seek out.
- Bonding – If you have a broken or chipped tooth, dental bonding can restore that tooth’s appearance. The dentist will use tooth-colored materials and adhere them to the tooth in a way that makes them durable and long-lasting.
- Veneers – Create a white, beautiful smile with a relatively painless dental procedure! Veneers are made of thin porcelain and shaped to fit in with your other teeth to improve your smile.
- Crowns and Bridges – A crown acts as a cap on a tooth to restore its appearance. In contrast, a bridge affects the adjacent teeth in that it is cemented onto them. Either of these may be an option when discussing your cosmetic dentistry options with our skilled dentists.
Restorative Dentistry vs. Cosmetic Dentistry
Many people come to us wondering how restorative dentistry differs from cosmetic dentistry. In general, the purpose of cosmetic treatments is to improve the appearance of the smile but not the health of your teeth, although that can be a side benefit. Restorative dentistry, on the other hand, rejuvenates your oral health, improves the structure of your teeth, and improves the functionality of teeth and gums.
Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation Process
When you come in for a cosmetic consultation, your dentist and the staff at Lake Pointe Dental Group give you a thorough evaluation of your mouth, looking at the state of discolored teeth, whether or not teeth are missing, examine where teeth are missing, and more. From there, our dentists in O’Fallon will discuss with you the variety of options available and determine your custom treatment plan.
To learn more about what the O’Fallon, IL cosmetic dentists at Lake Pointe Dental Group can do for you, contact us at 618-628-7080.